Saturday, August 16, 2008

School's Back in Session

Dallin and Sierra started school on Thursday. They are in a brand new school this year. Just opened in time for the new school year, and it is just around the corner for us. It is such a nice school too. They went all out when building this one.


We're ready


Here we go!

Dallin started 2nd grade this year. And Sierra is in Kindergarten! What a grown up girl. Here is a video of their thoughts on the new year, before heading to their school.



So far things have gone just fine. The first day was this past Thursday. We dropped Dallin off at his classroom first.


My little ducks all in a row

His teacher is Mrs. Woodbury. She transferred from a school across town. She seems very nice.



Then we took Sierra to her class. The Kindergarten classrooms are separated from the rest of the grades. They have a separate playground and everything. I like that a lot. I think it makes the transition, for the little ones, go a lot smoother.


The kindergarten classes here are half day, and each class is team taught. Sierra has her main teacher Mrs. Lopez, and she is helped by Ms. Sullivan. Then in the afternoon classes, the teachers switch positions.


Sierra went right into her new classroom, and sat right down. While waiting for class to start the kids got to choose what they wanted to do. So she decided to color. Her friend Caitlyn, from her preschool class, ended up being in class with her. She was so excited.


Sierra did just fine, when it was time for Dan and I to leave. It didn't phase her one bit. Such an independent girl. :)


A cute snack Sierra made on her first day of Kindie

The kids first two days were great ones. They had a fun time in their new classes. I think it will be a great year for both of them.

4 comments:

Niki said...

Wow. They start early there. My kids start on the 26th. Which is earlier than school started when I was a kid.

I had a hard time on Kelly's first day of Kindergarten. (She'll be in 2nd this year.) I held back the tears until I got to my car and then I cried. I didn't cry when Sean started (he'll be in 5th this year), but I worried about him all day and for many days after that. I still do worry about them.

Cyndy and George said...

WOW! Your kids look great and that is so exciting that Sierra was so "ready" to start school. I remember those first days of Kindergarten. I cried like a baby when I dropped my kids off.... now I think about my grandkids starting school! The time flies by. Enjoy every moment with them. You are such a good Mommy!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yes it does start so early here. I remember when I was growing up starting like the last week in August or first week in September.

So it has been an adjustment for me.

It was hard for me to let go of Sierra, but not as bad as last year in her preschool class. I think that prepared me for it this time around. It still makes me teary though thinking about how grown up my kiddos are getting.

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

They're getting so big, and as darling as ever! I finally found a link to your blog - I enjoy reading your comments on mine, but could never officially find yours! Thanks for staying in touch! It was funny for me to reminisce about school out west ... now we've got indoor-schools with lockers for the snow boots, etc! Quite the change!