Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Mom, The Author

My mother had her first book published in July! I am so proud of her.

The book is called Animal Omens, Your Pocket Guide to Animal Wisdom. It has a bunch of different personal stories by her, and a few other contributors, having to do with animals they've come in contact with in nature and what you can learn from those experiences.


It is a really good book. Even though my mom and I hold different beliefs now, I respect her beliefs and her courage to put herself out there like she did. I know that these experiences are very personal for her, so I know how hard it is for her to share them with the world.

I think it was an enjoyable book, and worth reading. Very descriptive, heartfelt, and intelligent writing. And I have come to appreciate the natural world around me, all the more now, because of reading her book.


My favorite stories were Deer, Hummingbird, and Turkey.

And to top it all off, Danny is now famous too. He shared an experience he had, with my mom, and she put in her book. So I'm partial to that story as well. :D


Dan's personal experience

You can buy the book here..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0738713775/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

or here...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Animal-Omens/Victoria-Hunt/e/9780738713779/?itm=1

1 comment:

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

I think that is so neat that your mother is an author. And thanks for the tips on blogging. I figured it out now. Thanks.