Monday, August 4, 2008

Finally Arrived, and Fabulous

I've been in my hide-e-hole all weekend reading Breaking Dawn, which came out Saturday. I finished it Sunday evening. It was wonderful, and completely unexpected in parts. Lots of surprises in this one. But I liked the surprises. I feel this book touches on a lot more mature themes, which is to be expected, since Bella herself has matured as well. I enjoyed the themes of love, family, and sacrifice that were portrayed. The book had me crying, laughing, nervous, heart broken, joyful, amazed, and many other adjectives. One roller coaster ride of emotions.


I am in the process of "re-vamping" the novel. I know I missed a lot of stuff this first read, because I was very nervous about what was going to happen in the book. So I had to plow right on through to make sure everything turned out okay. Plus, I admit I was depressed and sad when I finished it this first time around, because it is the end of Bella and Edward's story. So I am reading it again to cheer myself up.

This happened to me at the end of Harry Potter, and other book series that I love, as well. I really get attached to the characters of the books. So it is hard for me to say goodbye to them when it is over. Thank goodness I can go back and "visit" them anytime I want to, which is why I love reading so much. My favorite books are like old friends to me.

This is one of the reasons, it is hard for me to read new books. It takes a lot of convincing for me to read books I've never read before. (Trust me, I didn't get around to reading the Harry Potter series until 6 of the 7 books were already out. My mom finally convinced me to read those. Thanks Mom! :D ). My mindset is why read new ones, when I can just re-read the ones I already know are great? Books, I know that I love and adore, and have loved for a long time. I guess you can say I am loyal. LOL

Here are some pictures of Friday night/Saturday morning at Borders. They had a midnight release party there. Some friends and I went, and my sister in law, Lindsay came with her friend Stuart. It wasn't anything fantastic. Pretty disorganized actually. But it was fun to visit with friends and all get excited together about buying our books. I wore my Cullen/Swan '08 shirt for the occasion.




Actually one cool thing did happen to me. I was on the waiting list to buy the book (I had preordered through Amazon.com, before I had decided to go to the party), so I was in the waiting line, which is way after all the preorder people. Well they were doing a raffle for three people to win a spot at the very front of the line, before all other people got their books. And I got picked! I was floored, because I am rarely ever lucky. I was able to move to the third spot in line to get the book. :D

I am glad I went and bought a book that night, because my ordered book still hasn't come. Nobody preorder books from Amazon.

After I bought my book that night at Borders, I skedaddled right out of there. Didn't want to run the risk of anyone yelling out spoilers, or have anyone tackling me and stealing the book (I know for certain I had a few girls eyeing me like they wanted to). ;p

Anyway, now that I am out of my self appointed exile, I thought I'd let y'all know my take on everything. Still no posts about DL or Vegas though. I've put off writing my talk for Church this coming Sunday. I work better under pressure(at least that is what I tell myself, to justify my procrastination lol). Plus we leave Thursday to go to the Breaking Dawn Concert down at UCLA. I get to meet Stephenie Meyer, woo hoo!

Oh and I thought some of you would be interested. Stephenie has put out her BD playlist. You can look at it here... http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_playlist.html

I cracked up when I saw Right Said Fred's song on it. Too funny.

6 comments:

Niki said...

I've been checking your blog to see if you've posted your thoughts yet on Breaking Dawn. I'm glad you finally did. ;-) lol

I posted a little (very little) about it at my blog (the latest entry), but have said more at ka-bloom.org. There's a link at my blog for that website. If you want to read what I (and others there) have said, once you get there scroll down to "Book Discussions" and Breaking Dawn should be the first thread.

:-)

Niki said...

Oh, forgot to tell you that I'm Sassafras at ka-bloom.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Oooh Orlando, nice! ;) He was at the top of my "freebie list" before Edward came along. LOL

Sister Leitner said...

Amber, Amber, Amber...you make me laugh. I like your writing style. These recaps of your Twilight obsession are a riot to read. I'm glad you enjoy books so much. They always make for a good escape. Thanks for keeping me entertained.

Chad H. said...

My wife is a complete fan of the Twilight series. She's read them all, and she bought the latest one when it came out and read it right away. Her and all her sisters have read it and they all love it. So, now that the Twilight series is over, what next?

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Oh, but it is not officially over. Stephenie is still writing Twilight from Edward's pov, called Midnight Sun. And then she said in the future she might revisit the Cullen universe. The final book, is just the last book from Bella's perspective. She won't be a narrator any longer.

Plus we have the movie to look forward to, coming out December 12th. And possible sequels after that *fingers crossed*. Also anything else Stephenie writes in the future, even if it isn't about vampires, is sure to be fabulous. So still a lot to look forward to. :)