Friday, August 29, 2008

Really Sad Twilight Saga News

Okay I am trying not to be angry and upset over this. But some completely selfish person, whom Stephenie Meyer trusted, took her Midnight Sun manuscript (what was completed thus far). That was given to them confidentially, and leaked it onto the internet!

And now Stephenie is so disheartened with this betrayal, that she doesn't feel like she can finish the book. I am completely heartbroken for her, and for her fans who were looking forward to reading Twilight from Edward's perpective. I was looking forward to this book, more than any others or even the movie. And now we probably won't ever see it in print. Waah, I seriously am about to cry over this mess. Poor Stephenie! :*(

Here are her thoughts on what happened. And since it is already floating around the internet, she felt the need to just go ahead and post the unfinished manuscript on her website as well. So if you feel the need to read it, it is there. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, so I don't know if I can read it right now.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

And for those that want to show your support to Stephenie (maybe it will change her mind too), go here and write your thoughts...

http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/show-your-support-of-stephenie-meyer-and-midnight-sun-t12762.html

I am just so sad.

1 comment:

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Amber I am glad that you have a post about our adoption efforts. Don't take it off. We have studied a lot about adoption fraud and we pretty much know what we need to do to protect ourselves. Our agency is very much on top of things and has safeguards against this kind of fraud. Your post about Stephanie Meyers work being leaked to the internet is just another example of the things some people will do to get gain.