Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Anniversary

Danny and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on February 26th! 8 whole years, wow time flies! It has been a wonderful eight years. Ups and downs of course, like any real relationship. But I wouldn't change a thing. I am more in love with him now than I was back then. He is the best and most loving husband any girl could ever want. I am so blessed, and thank God every day for him.

I put the first three songs that play here on our blog, in the flash player, in honor of our anniversary. The first is Our song, "I Do" by Paul Brandt. The second is "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson. Because Dan does take me the way I am, quirks, flaws, and all. lol And the third song is one of my favorite songs, that Danny and I used to dance to at YSA dances, it always makes me think of him and the good times: "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order. All the songs after those three are just some of my favorites.

Dan and I went away for the weekend from the 29th-2nd. Grandma and Grandpa Cranston watched the kids for us, and we stayed in Santa Cruz. Our tradition each year is to stay at a different Bed & Breakfast. So this year was no exception. The place we stayed at was called Babbling Brook Inn. The outside wasn't what I expected. But our room was very nice. Soft feather bed, gas fireplace, nice bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub, a balcony that overlooks a brook and the garden. The breakfast each morning was very good. I was impressed.





Our trip was a nice one. We enjoyed our time together, and had fun. But we were a bit disappointed with Santa Cruz. It was a lot dumpier than I thought it would be. And not very much in the way of exceptional restaurants to recommend it. Dan said he thinks that there wasn't better eateries because of where along the coast it is situated. You have San Fran only a little farther north, and just an hour south you have Carmel (which we love!). I'm not saying we hated the places we did eat at. It just wasn't anything to be impressed over, like I was expecting.




We checked out the Beach Boardwalk and that was pretty fun. We rode on the three bigger rides they had. The one famous roller coaster (can't remember the name off the top of my head) was actually my favorite. Which is surprising, because it is a wooden coaster. Usually the wooden ones are too jarring for my taste, but this one wasn't bad.



We checked out one the beaches there: Natural Bridges state park/beach. That was nice, but again kind of a disappointment compared to other places.

The downtown area was cool in Santa Cruz. That was one thing in its favor. Reminded us a little of San Francisco. We had a good time shopping, seeing a movie, watching the street performers, and our dinner that night was the best out of all our restaurant stops that weekend.



We tried to go dancing Friday night. They have a couple dance clubs. But just like in Vegas, someone got sick (not me this time). Yep Dan started feeling unwell that night, so it was a no go.



Final verdict: Being with Dan without the kiddos I give a 10++++, our B&B I give an 8, restaurants a 6, the overall town and atmosphere only a 5. We won't be back.

Next year our plan is Sausalito/SanFran. We've stayed in San Francisco for one of our anniversaries already, but never in Sausalito. I heard it's very quaint and it is close to SanFran (so we can do all the fun stuff there too!).

Anyway that was our trip. Don't mean to complain so much. We did have a good time despite the flaws of the city.

I LOVE YOU DANNY BOY!

4 comments:

M and M said...

Amber -
Thanks for your comment on our blog. Your anniversary trip made me totally jealous - what fun!! How I wish we had grandma/grandpa close by so we could run off for a romantic weekend. You look great and I hope you and your family are well.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Thank you so much! Yeah Dan's parents are about 3.5 hours away, so not too bad. And they are always excited to get to spend extra time with the grandkids. So it works out nice for us, when we want to go on extended trips. It was nice to catch up with you guys. :)

IJ y JD's Mami said...

CONGRATZ.. Nice to hear from .. sounds like you guys had a great time on your Ann.. just call us we love to do something the kids would have a great time..
Ice & Maya

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Great to hear from you guys. We definitely will give you a call when we are in the area! :)