Monday, March 24, 2008

Google Reader

This site is very cool. My friends Lacy and Erica told me about it. It is a way to stay up to date on everyone's blog postings. So you never miss any new posts. It is called Google Reader. It is very simple to use. Just go to www.google.com/reader They explain right there how it works.

If you have a blog through Google, or any type of account with Google, including gmail you can just sign right in and use it. If you don't it is super easy to sign up and it's free.

Then all you have to do is copy and paste the blog url into the little box on the left hand side that says "Add a new subscription". Put in the website and click the button. It is as simple as that. Now everytime you log into Google Reader you will see who has written new posts, and you can read them right there. It has been so much easier keeping up on all the blogs I read. That way I can stay in touch so much better.

Now when you read the blogs on Google Reader, it won't let you post comments, and you can't see or hear all the little extras some people put in their blogs (cute templates, flash player music, etc.) I like all that extra stuff personally. So if you prefer those things, the Google Reader does have the link to the actual blog right there above where you read the new posts. So it is easy as pie to just click on over, and then post you comment or whatever else you want to do.

And Google Reader makes it better for all of you that are still living in the land of the dinosaurs (*ahem ahem* dial up connections ;p), because you won't have all the extra stuff interfering with the loading of the posts you are trying to read.

Anyway check it out, and give it a shot. It is so worth the little effort it takes to copy and paste all the blogs that you want to keep track of.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Hey! I can't add you to my google reader because there's no "feed" thingy on your blog!! It won't let me subscribe! Fix it!! :o)

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yes Ma'am! lol

Hmm, I just tried adding it to my google reader and it let me. But let me see if I can figure out the feed thingy.