Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Uplifting Weekend

This weekend was General Conference, which is a time for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, to come together to listen to the counsel of the prophet and apostles, and other leaders of our Church. The meetings happen every 6 months (October and April), and are broadcast all over the world. They are wonderful and edifying experiences. And this weekend was no exception.


An exciting announcement was given to us yesterday. Five new temples are to be built. And one of them will be in Rome, Italy. How amazing is that?!


The Oakland Temple, where my family and I were sealed together

3 comments:

Britten said...

Conference was very uplifting, as always. I loved it!

Rhonda said...

This was the best conference ever (of course I say that everytime). I found a lot of great council and an abundance of comforting words for these times. Absolutely Loved it. I also loved the production about President Monson between sessions. I love him even more after learning all about him!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yes, I agree President Monson is amazing! :)