Saturday, October 4, 2008

Forks Day 4

This was our last day in Forks. :( The trip went by so quick, it was hard to believe that it was already over. Early that morning, I said goodbye to the girls in our cabin that had to leave super early. Then the rest of us spent the morning getting all our luggage packed and ready, and cleaned up the cabin.


Kendra and I


Getting molested by Jenny and Mary! ;p LOL


The sweet and sassy Lisa (founder of TwilightMoms)


Sarah, who is such a cutie!


Mary and Rae, giving our secret TMs sign (shh it's a secret!)

After that we piled into our cars to head back into town for the last time. I was back in my original car with Andie, Britten, and Kirsten for the trip to Seattle. I really had wanted to eat breakfast in the cafe, but no one in our car, or Rhonda's car were doing that. Darn, I was looking forward to pancakes and bacon & eggs.

We stopped at this little coffee shop, and I got a yummy peppermint hot chocolate. Then we went to the Thriftway again to get some food (I got an apple fritter, my fav) and stuff we needed before we left.

When everyone was done in the store, we took the tour of the town. We saw the police station, and the Cullen's house (it was really a bed and breakfast).




Then we drove to the hospital and found where Dr. Cullen parks. And after the hospital we saw Bella's house. There was even a meadow across the street from it. :)





After our tour of all the Twilight landmarks, we got on the road to drive to Seattle. We were going to meet Rhonda's and her car full of people in Seattle to have dinner before our flights. Unfortunately on our drive back we got stuck waiting for the ferry a lot longer than we originally planned. Almost 2 hours. By the time we finally got across the Sound, it was too late to meet up for dinner. We didn't want to miss our flights home!


The SeaTac airport is huge! I used to live in Seattle, but I was only about two years old at the time, so I really don't remember all that much of it. It was amazing to me just how gigantic that airport was. Almost a city unto itself.


When we got there we checked in pretty quickly and said goodbye to some of the girls from Rhonda's car (that had met up with us at the airport). Then we went through security. That was an experience. Britten had gathered a bunch of rocks, sand, and foliage from La Push and the Hoh Rain Forest, that she had to put in her carry on. The security people had to scan her bag a couple times, and then search it while we watched. We got some funny looks when her plastic bag full of rocks was pulled out. But they did let her keep them, and didn't bother calling a supervisor over. Too funny!

Once we were checked and ready to go, we were starving. We had some time left before our flight check in, so we went to a restaurant inside the airport. I can't remember the name of it, but the food was really good. I got a chicken sandwich, and this yummy peach drink. It definitely hit the spot. While eating, some of the girls from our group found us again, so we had a mini reunion in the restaurant. It was nice to visit one last time before we had to leave Seattle.


A cool sculpture hanging from the ceiling, in the food court of the airport.

Then it was time for our flight. The trip from Seattle only takes about 2 hours, so we arrived at about 10 PM that evening. Dan was waiting for me, it was so wonderful to see him. I missed him and my family a lot. But I am so very glad I had the chance to go on this trip. It was an experience I will never forget. I became friends with some amazing women. Thanks guys for being so awesome, and including me in your adventures!

Here are some random pictures from the trip, that I didn't get up in the other posts.


Contemplating the possible existence of vampires ;)



Kathy and I, in front of La Bella Italia


All the TMs in our tour, getting a pic in the cafeteria


Yes, that is a bra on Laurie's head. LOL



All my purdy presents I received from my girls. :)


The paper on the right is the Quileute alphabet


The Forks Forum newspaper. The Seattle paper had stuff about SM Day as well, but they ran out so I couldn't buy one.


The spoils of war


If you want to see super, fantastically stunning pictures of the scenery around Forks, WA. Check out Georgia's blog. Click the link on the right, that reads, "Georgia". ------------------------------------------------------>

2 comments:

Britten said...

Haha! You told my rock story. Apparently I took the wildlife of Forks back with me as well. I have like 6 spiders crawling around inside the bag with moss. I won't open it until they are all dead. *shivers*

Looks like you got lots of fun stuff! I didn't see that Quileute alphabet!! I want one!

I want to go back so badly...

Unknown said...

I forgot about Britten and airport security! LOL That was soo funny. And waiting for that stupid ferry. We missed that one by what...3 cars?? grrrrr But we still had fun eating our nachos! =) What a great trip!

Andie~