Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Temple

Unfortunately the media and Hollywood like to portray the LDS church in a bad light a lot of the time. The most current example being the HBO show, depicting things that we hold sacred in a terrible and false light. While my first, human reaction would be to write angry letters to the network. The Savior has given us the example of how we truly should treat others, when in these situations. Turning the other cheek, and showing an increase of love towards even the most unlovable.

In response to the uproar of the show, the Church has put together this small video message on the reasons The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints build temples. It is a beautiful and uplifting video. I hope you enjoy it.



To add to the message I just want to write my own heartfelt thoughts and testimony. I know that temples were restored to the earth today and that the work done there, is God's work. It is sacred and needful. I can truly say I have found peace, direction, and revelation for my own life, within the walls of that holy place. I am so grateful to our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ for such blessings.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great post....and congrats on your house!!