Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blue October Concert

Dan and I had such a fun time in Las Vegas. The concert was awesome! It was very different from Justin's appearance at the Breaking Dawn Concert, that Dan and I went to in August.

Just a heads up for those that haven't had any experience with the band other than at Stephenie Meyer's book signing. Especially if you were planning on taking your kids. Justin isn't the calm and lovable guy that he was at the signing. He's a lot more hardcore and has a potty mouth. Actually watching his on-stage performance had me giggling, because it was so theatrical and in your face (in a good way, I liked it). I do wish he didn't swear like he did though. But he still was a cutie, even with his angsty, tortured act.


What I really enjoyed was the fact that the band sounds almost exactly the same live, as they do in their studio albums. There are some bands that sound great on their albums, but terrible once you hear them in person. Well this was not the case with Blue October. They were fantastic live!

They started the night with the songs from their new album, Approaching Normal. I really liked a lot of them. Four of the songs I had heard prior to the night, because of the Breaking Dawn Concert and other things.

During one of the songs, Justin had videos of his baby daughter playing on the big screen, in back of the band. And he sang the song while watching the screen for most of the time. It was so sweet, and I was very teary eyed during the performance. You can tell he loves his daughter more than anything.

The only song I did not like from their new stuff, was the last song they performed. I can't recall the name of it, and honestly I can't really remember how it went. Maybe I'll end up liking it when I hear it again. The reason I didn't like it was they played a yucky video. I ended up having to close my eyes about half way through. So my experience with that song was very unpleasant. Other than that though, I liked all their new stuff.

After a short intermission the band came back out and played some of their well known stuff. Most of it was from their Foiled album, with one song from their History For Sale album. They sang a ton of my favorites, so I was happy. :D

I wish I had pictures, but they didn't allow cameras.

Thanks Danny for such a wonderful birthday present. Love you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

They didn't have any video at our concert so luckily I was spared the yucky video for The End.
Instead of a video of Blue Justin had a picture of her that he pulled out quite a few times though- it was so adorable! His love for her is very obvious, which just endears him to me even more.