Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our SF Anniversary Trip

Dan and I had a wonderful time on our 9 year anniversary trip to San Francisco. We arrived in SF on Friday. It was beautiful weather. Blue skies and warm spring breezes.


Friday we walked down to Pier 39 and took a tour of the aquarium (I forgot to bring my camera to our outings on Friday). It was small, but nice. We tried to get on a tour of Alcatraz, but all the tickets were sold out. So next time, maybe.


Then we walked around the piers, to various stores. We went into the Boudin Bread Factory, so I could get my favorite sourdough bread. Then walked to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. Dinner was okay, not the best I've ever had. After dinner we walked up to Ghiradhelli Square to get super yummy ice cream sundaes. We finished the night with a movie (Push) down at Union Square. Then walked back to our hotel.


The Bay Bridge

Saturday we started out the morning on a walking tour of Chinatown. This was so much fun. We learned a lot of interesting stuff about the Chinese culture and this unique part of the city. Our tour guide was great and a lot of fun.


Linda, our tour guide




We ended the tour eating some dim sum together. So tasty! And I convinced Linda (our guide), and few other ladies to read Twilight (I'm ever vigilant). lol



A Buddhist temple


A Chinese pharmacy


There happened to be a funeral procession go by, while on our tour


They eat some interesting things. Those are live turtles.


Dan was sick about seeing all these bass in tanks, ready to be bought and eaten



We got to see how fortune cookies are made, and got samples. Yum!

When the tour was over, Dan and I walked down to the Old Ferry Building on the Embarcadero. I love this place. Every Saturday they have a big farmer's market there. And they have a bunch of specialty food stores and restaurants in the building. I just love the atmosphere there. It makes me happy. :)



We finished shopping, and decided to take a nap, because we knew we were going to have a late night that night. After the good sleep we got ready for our dinner. We had reservations at a place called Franscati's, located in the Nob Hill area.

Dinner here was divine! It was so good that I forgot to take pictures. Dan had steak and I had venison. Then we finished it off, with a chocolate souffle for dessert.

Back at our hotel, we decided to watch Twilight while getting ready for the Vampire Ball! We had to get in the mood for the fun ahead. :D



The Ball was so fun. Kellan Lutz, Michael Welch, and Christian Serrantos (Emmett Cullen, Mike Newton, and Angela) were there to meet the guests at the beginning of the dance. Talk about surreal. It was so neat to meet them, especially Kellan. Unfortunately the powers that be wouldn't let us take pictures of the stars while they were talking to us at our tables. So the pictures I did get aren't very good with my camera.


L-R: Kellan, Christian, and Michael

But really neat thing is I got a big ol' bear hug from Kellan!! I have heard he gives great hugs, and I was not disappointed. ;)


Another thing I was happy about was I got to see some of my Twilight Mom friends there. It has been a few months since the last time we got to hang out. So it was nice to catch up for a few minutes. They all looked gorgeous in their fancy dresses.


Britten, Dette, myself, Kirsten, and Kim

After the meet and greet with the actors it was dancing time. And you know me, I have a passion for dancing. So I was in my element. Dan and I had so much fun! We were out until about 2 AM.


Once we left the hotel were the ball was, it was pouring down rain. So we decided to take a taxi to our hotel. But we got a nice treat. A limo driver saw us waiting for a taxi and pulled up to give us a ride. I thought that was so nice of him. And this was my first time ever in a real stretch limo (I know, I'm so deprived lol).

Sunday was our day to drive home. We drove to Salinas to picked the kids up from Grandma and Grandpa's. And then took the long drive home.

We had such a nice trip. I love you Danny Boy. Thank you for a wonderful 9 years of marriage. It just keeps on getting better.

5 comments:

Niki said...

Sounds like y'all had fun. I'm glad y'all got to get away together.

Rhonda said...

I love San Fran and was lucky to live so close for 45 years so I got to go often. Happy Anniversary!

The Ball Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun...I love San Francisco! Happy 9 year anniversary!

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Your pictures make me want to go on vacation so bad! We're really going to miss you when you move to 1st ward...and I'll really miss having the best visiting teacher in the world!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Thanks guys! :)

Aww Jolie, I am going to miss you too. I will be sad not to be your visiting teacher anymore. :*(