Wednesday, March 18, 2009

33 Whole Years!

March has the privilege of being my birthday month. ;p On the 8th I became the ancient age of 33. lol Since it was on a Sunday, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Dan got me flowers and a card (such a sweetie). And we went out to dinner a few days before.

A few days after my official birthday, my beautiful friend Erica planned a get together to celebrate, with a bunch of our friends.


Erica (the party planner), and Victoria


Myself (what a terrible picture, blaah!), and Marcie (who looks fab as usual)


We went to Applebee's for some good food and fun company. I had an awesome time. Thank you Erica my dear. And also thank you for the book. I can never have too much Twilight stuff. :D


V again, Candice, and Krista


The whole gang: Season, Aubrey, Me, Marcie, Mandee, Peggy, Jenny, Erica, Victoria, Candice, Krista

As for my bday present from my hubbie, he is taking me to Las Vegas tomorrow for a concert from one of my favorite bands; Blue October! Their new album is coming out this month, so they are doing a world tour. Oooh I am so excited!!


The kids are staying at our friends Becky and Brett's home, and we leave tomorrow morning.

In honor of the concert, I've put a few of my favorite songs by Blue October, in the flash player. --------------------->

Danny and I were discussing who the band reminds us of, and he suggested Dave Matthews Band (who is another favorite of mine). I can definitely see the similarity. Blue October is just harder and darker that DMB. But their musical sound is similar, both use a wide variety of instrumentals.

Also Dan said that lyrically they remind him of Bruce Springsteen, and at first I was like "What?!" (I am not a fan of Bruce, sorry babe). Justin Furstenfeld (the lead singer of Blue October) tells stories with his lyrics, just like B.S. So in that aspect, I do agree with Dan (although it pains me to say it LOL).


And I must say that normally I do not like makeup on men whatsoever. But for some reason I think the eyeliner really suits Justin.

Oh and I just have to add this last picture from the other night. Season thinks it's hilarious that I take pictures of my food. So Season, this one's for you. ;)


This was a hot apple crumble w/ icecream. Very yummy!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad it was special for you....

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad it's been so great!

Enjoy the concert- I can't wait to hear how it is.

And yes Justin does wear the eyeliner well... *sigh*

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Thanks girls for the bday wishes! :)

Amy~ I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks so. LOL I will definitely let you know how the concert is. You are going sometime next week right?

Jane Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun time with the girls. Sorry I couldn't make it, but we had family visiting from Idaho. I'm excited that you found a house and that you're moving to the 1st ward. Since the branch meets with them, I'll get to see you more often and have your kids in Primary with us. Yea!