Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving with Friends

This year we spent our Thanksgiving at our friends Jenny and Scott's home. They were wonderful enough to invite us over for some food and fun. Also joining in on the party were our friends Peggy and Ted and their two adorable boys, and Aubrey and Blaine with their sweet little girls.


The talented chef



Dan getting the honor of cutting the turkey


Goodie, more yummy food!

We had a fantastic time. Jenny really set the mood with all of her decorating. The table looked so nice.



Sierra with her friend Allie


The adorable, baby Grace

We all contributed to the food preparations. Dan made his famous candied yams, and I brought these yummy pumpkin cookies that my friend Marcie was kind enough to share the recipe with me. We also had delicious turkey cooked to perfection, gravy, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, greenbean cassarole, and the best part... so many pies to choose from I didn't know where to start. :D


At the grown up table (at least we like to pretend to be grown ups) lol


We ate and visited, and ate some more.


Myself, Jenny, Aubrey, and Peggy


A candid moment with Peggy (isn't she so pretty?!)

The kids all played together and ran around.




Then after eating and visting and eating yet again, we decided to channel our inner rockers by playing a little Rock Band. This was a lot of fun. So much so, that I'm tempted to buy it for our family for Christmas.




Even Dallin and Sierra had fun playing the video game

Thank you Jenny and Scott for opening your home to us. We had a wonderful time spending Thanksgiving with you guys. We are thankful for your friendship. And for all the friends and family reading this, as well (you know who you are). XOXO :)

6 comments:

Britten said...

So glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!

Britten said...

Oh, and I'm so glad you found your truck too! Yay!

The Ball Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I miss everyone in Visalia!

Peggy said...

What a nice post! I love playing rockband with you! You know how to rock it!!!

Niki said...

Looks like y'all had a nice Thanksgiving. :-)

Becky Nelson said...

It looks like you had a great thanksgiving. I love all of the photes. It also looks like you got a little Rock Band time in there. I love that game and I must say I am pretty good at drummer. Take care.