Friday, May 30, 2008

A Package Full of Midnight

I have been expecting a package for the last week and a half. Not just any ordinary package either. This package is special. It had to travel thousands of miles, across land and sea to get to me. What is in this package is coveted by hundreds of thousands of people.

Well the other day IT arrived in my mailbox!

Hmmm, can this really be it? I've waited so long, and not too patiently.



I opened up the package. Low and behold, right in front of my eyes was the cherished object.

I present to you, the contents of the package. Dum dum da dum.....


Here are my reactions...

Pride & Boasting- I've got something you want, but can't have. Naw, naw, nawnaw, naw! ;p


Joy- I can't believe it's actually mine! Yippeeeee!


Love & Adoration- Ahhh Edward. *sigh*


And now that I've made a complete fool out of myself (yes I admit it, I am a nerd. lol), I'll tell you exactly what it is.

In the UK, and I think maybe Germany too, at Borders bookstore they were giving the first chapter of Midnight Sun, to everyone who bought The Host. This is not sold anywhere else, except there.

I was able to win a copy of it on eBay 2 weeks ago. I have, since then, been anxiously awaiting its arrival.

What, may you ask, is Midnight Sun? Well, I'll tell you. It is a book that Stephenie Meyer is writing that is the companion copy to her first book; Twilight. It is Edward's point of view. You get to be in Edward's head for the whole book. And see a ton of things that you don't get to see in Twilight.

Stephenie, last I read, is about 2/3's of the way finished with it now. And all her fans are very, very excited to be getting this. We are crossing our fingers that we will get the fully completed book next year.

Anyway, this is the first publication out there, of the 1st chapter of Midnight Sun. Which, you can go read on Stephenie's website, if you want to (BUT ONLY IF YOU'VE READ TWILIGHT FIRST!).



So what is the huge deal about getting it in print, if you can read it on her site?

Well, number one, I always would rather have it in print, than read it on the computer. On her website it is protected, so you can't print it out, or mess with it.

Number two, it is a collector's item. As a daughter of an antique dealer, I have always been partial to collecting vintage and antique items, that I love. So I look at this as no different.

Plus it is so fun to read the first chapter in Twilight, and then compare it to the first chapter of Midnight Sun. And then daydream about what the rest of the book is going to be like from Edward's POV. :D

5 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

you seriously crack me up! I'm a total closet Twighlight fan and it is so much fun to watch your excitement about EVERYTHING Twighlight!

Peggy said...

You are too cute!!!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

LOL thanks guys. :)

The McCarthys said...

Okay...you have one more Twilight convert! I read the first book in 2 days. Waiting for my copies of #2 and 3!!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yay Krista, woohoo! I am so excited to add another to the list. I just got Aubrey addicted as well. It makes me so happy, to share the books with friends and family. And to have them realize that, no I am not crazy, they really are fabulous books. lol