Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Host


Well I finished reading Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host". And I can say that I really, really liked it. It was very good, and I recommend it to y'all. My level of devotion for it, is not at the level of the Twilight saga. But if you are looking for a great, highly captivating read until "Breaking Dawn" comes out in August. Then get this book.

It has been said that this book is, "Science Fiction for those that don't like or normally read Science Fiction", and I agree. It is more about what it means to be human, than about aliens. No ray guns, no R2D2, no Vulcan death grips. And it is about love of all kinds, not just romantic love (although that is in there, in a majorly conflicted love triangle, or actually love squarish-triangle way). Really it is a beautiful story, and like in the Twilight books, Stephenie makes the characters come alive. So go buy the book!

Like with Stephenie's other books, she made a playlist for this one. There are some very good songs. I downloaded a few onto my iPod already. I've put this song, "My Name is Love" by Rob Dickinson, here in the flash player, in honor of the book. It is one of my new favorites. It has such poetically beautiful lyrics. So here you go...

What's your name?
Just tell me where you can be found.
My name is love, I can't be bound.
No

Then name your cost.
Then let me pay, my time is short.
My name is love, I can't be bought.
No

When everything inside,
Ups and changes our lives.
When everything else has died.

My name is love
My name is love
My name is love, love, love

All I say,
That my life has changed in many ways
If your name is love,
Show me some grace.
Yeah

When everything you know,
Falls apart when the wind blows.
When everything seems so tough.

My name is love
My name is love
My name is love, love

And the water's flowing up
Up the mountain that you choose
Is it you that's climbing me?
Is it me that's climbing you?

When everything you know,
Falls apart when the wind blows.
When everything else has died.

My name is love
My name is love...


Oh and FYI, if you do get the book I have to tell you that towards the end of it there are a couple blank pages. They are there for a reason. That is not the end of the book. Flip the pages, and read the rest. I just didn't want anyone freaking out, thinking that's the end when it isn't. ;)

2 comments:

Myrna said...

I have managed to read half of the book... being that I am not much into the sci-fi or vampire type thing I am anxious to see where it is going. Thanks agin.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yay, that's great Myrna! That is the awesome thing about Stephenie's books. Even if you don't normally read this type of genre, it still sucks you in. I hope you like the whole thing. :)