Monday, May 19, 2008

Father Son Campout


Dan and Dallin went to the annual Father/Son campout for our ward. They drove three hours to a campground by Cambria, which is by the ocean.


My boys had a campfire, ate smores, slept in our new tent (which you can see in the background of the above picture), had yummy pancakes for breakfast, went to the beach and looked at the tidepools, tried to fly Dallin's kite but there was no wind, cleaned up camp, and drove home.


It was a fun trip for both of them. Next time Dan is hoping they do it a bit closer to home, especially since it was only a one night getaway.


4 comments:

Pollock Palooza said...

How fun! Justin's family ALWAYS goes to Cambria! By the way I thought of you as my friend out here just went to a Twilight signing in Arizona last week. She said it was SOOO fun! I still need to read the books!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yeah, Dan said it was a very nice place.

How cool about your friend. I was invited to go to a signing this weekend down in SoCal. Unfortunately we've already made plans, so I had to pass. :(

Girl you better get on it! I can't believe you haven't yet. lol

Anonymous said...

Going to the Beach for Father-Son's would be awesome. We were in the desert, and a huge wind storm blew in and started knocking tents over, which caused half the dad's (including me) to pack it up and take the boys home in the middle of the night (3am).

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Oh my goodness Chad. That would completely stink. Yuck!