Saturday, February 16, 2008

V-Day Dance

Valentine's day and the day after were nice. Danny surprised me with chocolates and beautiful red roses. Aren't they lovely!


Then yesterday our Stake had a Valentine's Dance for us "old married folks". lol It was so much fun! I have a passion for dancing, as many of you know. It is the only thing I miss about being single. The dances every month as a YSA, and the dance clubs in Chico. Dan is more than willing to take me dancing, but there aren't any places really around here(or where we lived in the past) to dance, plus you rarely get dances for married people in the Church. So needless to say I was ecstatic when the dance was announced a month ago! We made sure to get our babysitter 3 weeks ago. I was not going to miss this.

Dan and I had so much fun. The dance had a good sized turnout too. Hopefully they will make it a yearly event. It was nice to have such a wide variety of people there as well. At first it was only Dan and I and one other couple dancing, but slowly others started to come out as well. At the end there was quite a crowd. Some people just sat there at the tables the whole time. I just don't understand that. What is the point of going to a dance if you don't actually get up and dance?!

Anyway Dan and I had fun dancing and being goofy. You realize really quickly how out of shape you are once you start dancing a few fast songs. I am completely out of practice. Had to take a few more breathers that I used to. We were still out there most of the time, at least when there were good songs. We got to fast dance, swing, slow dance, and I attempted to teach Dan how to cha cha. So there was a variety in that aspect. Honestly though the song choices weren't the greatest, there were only a couple that I was really excited to hear and dance to. I could've done so much better at choosing the songs. But "beggers can't be choosers", as the saying goes. So I am just thankful that I got to dance; period.

It was funny because at the end, we had quite a few people come up to us and tell us that they enjoyed watching us dance. *hee hee* I guess I still have my crown as the Dancing Queen! ;D

We had such a wonderful night.

No comments: