Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Playlist

Music is an important part to the Twilight series. The books are so visual that music just fits into them perfectly. Stephenie Meyer created playlists that she listened to while she was writing each book. That helped inspire each book.

I've created my own Twilight playlist for my iPod. Some of the songs are from Stephenie's lists, and others are ones that I felt fit as well. Not all the lyrics in each song are perfectly perfect fits, but they will have the right overall tone and feeling for me, that they work. This is certainly not the end all list. I continue to add songs to it all the time. Feel free to create your own list, or suggest any songs that you think work. I'm always up for new ideas. :)

1. All I Want Is You-U2
2. Angel-Sarah McLachlan
3. Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)-Vertical Horizon
4. Breath- Breaking Benjamin
5. Clare de Lune- Debussy
6. Come Away With Me- Norah Jones
7. Come Undone- Duran Duran
8. Dreams- The Cranberries
9. Everybody's Changing- Keane
10. Fade Into You- Mazzy Star
11. Far Away- Nickelback
12. First Time- Lifehouse
13. Forever Young (Special Extended Mix)- Alphaville
14. Got You (Where I Want You)- The Flys
15. Here with Me- Dido
16. High- James Blunt
17. I'm Kissing You- Des'ree
18. I Will Remember You- Sarah McLachlan
19. In My Place- Coldplay
20. Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
21. Just Like Heaven- The Cure
22. Kiss From a Rose- Seal
23. Longer- Dan Fogelberg
24. Love Me- Yiruma
25. Mandolin Rain- Bruce Hornsby & The Range
26. Moonlight Sonata 1 Adagio- Beethoven
27. My Immortal- Evanescence
28. On A Bus To St. Cloud- Trisha Yearwood
29. Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray
30. Pictures of You- The Cure
31. Possession- Sarah McLachlan
32. The Reason- Hoobastank
33. Release- Pearl Jam
34. River Flows In You- Yiruma
35. Savin' Me- Nickelback
36. The Scientist- Coldplay
37. Silent Lucidity- Queensrÿche
38. Sing for Absolution- Muse
39. Somebody- Depeche Mode
40. Standing Right Next to Me- Karla Bonoff
41. Starlight- Muse
42. To Make You Feel My Love- Garth Brooks
43. Uninvited- Alanis Morissette
44. Vindicated- Dashboard Confessional
45. Where Are You Going- Dave Matthews Band
46. Who Knew- P!nk
47. With Or Without You- U2

You can check out most, if not all, of the songs on YouTube. To check out Stephenie's complete lists go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ Lots of other goodies there as well. ;)

No comments: