Friday, February 1, 2008

Crazy, Obsessed Person that I am

WARNING: Very girlie post below. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
*************************************************************************************

I have a new obsession, thanks to Molly Sampietro (Thank you Molly, you changed my life! lol). The Twilight series of books, by Stephenie Meyer. They are mind blowingly good. I would say they are like a cross between Harry Potter and Jane Austen books. Fantasy meets Romance. I read through all three books (each are more than 500 pages) in 6 days time, a couple weeks ago. And I am now reading them over again. Told ya I was obsessed. It's a sickness I tell ya.


Stephenie Meyer has such a talent of making all the characters so real. You can't help but caring for them, and wanting to know what happens to them. And it doesn't hurt that the lead male character is a sexy vampire. Ok I admit it, I'm in love with a fictional character. Didn't I mention I was sick. That's alright, Dan knows and he's ok with it. There are less chances of me ever meeting Edward Cullen, then there are of me meeting Orlando Bloom. So it's all good! lol

Stephenie's 4th book in the series is set to come out this fall. I can't wait! And then she is in the process of writing the first book from Edward's point of view. Very excited about that. Plus on top of all of that, they are in the process of making a movie of the first book. It is set to come out in December. *squeeee* The main actors have been chosen. Pictured below:


Kristen Stewart (not what I pictured Bella to look like, but she is starting to grow on me), and Rob Pattinson (who comes pretty close to how I imagined Edward, so I'm very happy). They are both great at acting, so I have high hopes. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, if you haven't read these books yet, you NEED to. Run out right now and buy the first one; Twilight. That's what I said, RUN! I promise you won't be able to put it down, once you start reading. After you finish the series, you can thank me for changing your life.

Ok, obsessive, delirious, and girlie rant is finished. ;p

2 comments:

Pollock Palooza said...

I have heard about these books a bunch and have yet to read them out of pure laziness... so now I need to remember to get them :) Speaking of girly... have you heard of "North and South". Movie short series on BBC... AWESOME!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Oh my gosh Liz, you have to read them! Especially before the movie comes out. I have heard of North and South. I saw the 80's version with Patrick Swayze(sp?), a long time ago. But I've never actually seen the BBC series. Is it the same story? Can you rent it, or is it on TV?