Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas: Yummy Yummy!

We had such good food every night while the family was here. Christmas dinner was a success. Everyone helped with the cooking. Yummy ham, with pineapple chutney, candied yams, green bean casserole, stuffing, potatoes, rolls and a few other things I can't remember. We had a turkey too, but it didn't end up being done in time, so everyone ate it the next day for lunch instead. And for dessert we had fantastic pumpkin pie, and an apple/berry pie.




It was a fun and wonderful Christmas. And we were so happy to have so many of our family there with us. It was our first official hosting of Christmas at our home. And I can honestly say we would be thrilled to do it again.

Hope everyone's Christmas was as wonderful and peaceful. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Pollock Palooza said...

I can't remember if I wrote a comment already and I don't feel like looking at all the comments, but I'm so glad you found my blog. I love blogging! Your kids are getting so grown up and congrats on the lasik surgery!!! I just saw them doing that on TLC this morning and couldn't watch. It sounded like it was supposed to be fairly painless. Was it? You look great!

Pollock Palooza said...

Ok I thought I just wrote a long comment, but I don't know where it went...hmmm. Amyway I am totally checking out your blog! Love blogging! You look fantastic and congrats on lasik surgery! I just watched a lady get that on TLC this morning and she was awake during the whole thing! I could not do that without being knocked out completely.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Awww thank you Liz! The Lasik went just fine. I was terrified to get it done, which is why it took me so long before I finally went through with the surgery. But I am so glad I did it. It was not painful during. They numb the eyes, so all you feel is pressure. But the first 3 hours after the precedure were very painful. Like pieces of glass in your eyes. After that though it was all good. Definitely worth the small amount of discomfort though. I'm loving not wearing glasses anymore. Woo hoo! :)