Monday, January 26, 2009

Stress, Gotta Love It

So I've been totally a slacker in regards to the blog this month. But I have a good reason (yeah right, there is always a "good" reason). Among other reasons, the biggie here is we are frantically trying to find a house to buy, before we have to move out of the home we are living in now.

We are living in a rental, and it is in the process of going through escrow. Although we've been assured that Short Sale homes take at least 3 months to close. Despite the reassurance, we are trying to be as quick as possible in finding a new home.

We decided to go ahead and buy, since the market is so good right now. I thought it would be fun. But no, don't believe it, it's a lie. It has not been fun, now that we are seriously down to the process of trying to buy. At least not with the "getting kicked out and living on the streets", looming over our heads.

We've tried to put an offer on two different homes, but someone beat us to each of them. And now we've found another one that we totally love, and that would be such a great investment. But it is in a different ward (sorry 3rd warders, I know y'all are crying your eyes out, as I type those dreaded words ;p ).

Dan and I really wanted to try to stay in our current ward, because it is fabulous and fantastic to the extreme. But it is looking like it might not happen. So we will see what happens. I'm just feeling very stressed and discouraged all around lately about the home situation and other stuff.

Anyway that is what is going on for us right now. I will try to post more exciting and happy things when I am feeling better, and have more time.

Things to come... Sierra's Bday, and a little thing called Quelf. Until then, TTFN!

8 comments:

Niki said...

I've been wondering how you were and why you haven't posted a new entry in awhile.

We'll be on the buying end (for the second time) whenever our current house sells. What a pain that is.

What's a ward?

Kathy Habel said...

A local congregation of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saint. There are about three hundred to eight hundred members in each ward. Ward boundaries are determined geographically. So if you move our of your ward boundaries you attend church at a different time or place with a different group of members.
Good luck house hunting. It can be stressful.

Laura Lee said...

Don't believe ANYONE when they say buying a house is fun! The most stressful time of my entire life--including raising three toddlers at once--was when we bought our first house! Not just finding and moving, but the financial responsibilities and all the money needed for closing, etc. just about put me over the edge! hahaha I still vividly remember it! But, even after all that, would do it again in a heart beat! We probably all would! haha The best of lucky to you and 'happy' hunting!

Rhonda said...

OK, so here is the answer... You can move to another Ward as long as I can pick up Dallin and Sierra every Sunday for Church! I am excited for you guys that you will be able to buy your own house, but will be extremely sad and miss you if you move to another Ward. That will be one lucky Ward to have your family though!

Cyndy and George said...

Say it aint SO! We would miss you horribly if you move to another ward, but sometimes it is a really wonderful growing experience. I thought I would die when we moved to Third Ward. I didn't think I would make friends and I was awfully lonely for a while, but now it just feels like home.

buying a home is very stressful for sure. Good luck and try to enjoy it as much as you can.

The Ball Family said...

Good luck buying a new house. It is very exciting and VERY stressful all at the same time! It will work itself out.

LaShaunna said...

Buying our first house was the most stressful things I have ever done, we also had a time issue when we bought our first house and ended up living with friends for 3 weeks cause our lease ended and we couldn't renew it unless we signed a 6month lease...so I totally feel for you and pray you find something soon!

Moddybee said...

it sucks, I know! We are in the same boat! Did you make an offer on the one 2 doors down from me??