Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Forks Trip Day 1

I was determined to make this short and sweet, so I could fit the whole trip in one post. Well, that ain't going to happen. Y'all know me, I ramble way too much to keep my posts that concise. So I'm breaking it up into 4 days. I promise to share about each day asap (I do realize I still haven't finished my Disneyland posts, but seriously I will eventually finish them. ;p )

I left for the airport, early Thursday morning to take the plane to Seattle. I was on the same flight as two other gorgeous Twilight Moms, who also happened to be in my group. Britten and Kirsten, will knock your socks off the minute you get to know them.


Waiting for our flight

We arrived safely in Seattle, and then proceeded to wait for everyone else in our group (we had 27 girls, including myself).


L-R: Amy, Amy, Andie, Meg (only the top of her head), and Donna


Once everyone else had arrived in Seattle we set off for the pier and ferry area of Seattle. We had lunch reservations at Ivar's, on the pier. We got cozy waiting for people to arrive, in where else, but Starbucks (how appropriate!).


I'm checking out some behind the scenes movie pictures, that Mary took while on the set.

I was so hungry by the time we finally had lunch, I hadn't eaten really since 4 AM that morning. So I was to the point of being prepared to eat the table if I had to. Thankfully though, they gave us real food there at Ivar's. The sour dough rolls were delish, but unfortunately I wasn't too happy with the prawns and fries I got. They were OK, but not nearly as good as I thought they were going to be. I heard from others that the clam chowder was really tasty though.



After lunch we hopped the ferry across the Sound. This was my first experience on a ferry (at least that I know of), and it was really fun.



L-R: Kathy, Jessica, Donna, Lisa (the founder of TMs), Mary Ann, Myself, and I think her name was Theresa (she is a TM we met on the ferry, but she wasn't in our group.



Our group on the ferry, with a few other TMs from the other groups

I rode in a car with Britten, Kirsten, and a lovely lady from Florida, Andie.


Once across the Sound, we drove the rest of the way to Port Angeles. For our dinner at the real La Bella Italia. Our reservations weren't until 7 ish that evening, so we had a lot of time to explore the town and walk the shops just like Bella did.



We saw the department store the girls went in to buy their dresses for the dance (It is Gottschalks BTW). The girls and I went in to try to find some dresses to try on, but unfortunately it isn't the right season. So no trying on prom dresses for us. We did find some super cool door mats while we were there. They say "Welcome Bloodsuckers". How completely awesome is that?! All four of us had to buy a mat. Mine is now proudly displayed at our sliding glass door that leads to the backyard.



We checked out some of the other stores, and walked down to the pier. We found "the alley", and got pictures with Edward's silver volvo. Which was conveniently rented by some of our lovely ladies.





The Alley!

Dinner at La Bella Italia was fabulous. The food was amazing. They don't normally serve mushroom ravioli there, but they made it just for the occasion.




The restaurant manager. He was very nice.



Everyone at our tables


We practically took up the whole restaurant! lol

And they made cute little menus for the Twilight Moms. We had a choice of a three course menu. I got a spring greens salad, and of course the mushroom ravioli, and for desert chocolate mousse. It was all so good!



We were done with dinner and drove the rest of the way to Forks. The drive there was amazing. It was exactly as described in the book. Curvy road through the trees, at night, watching the stars in the clear black sky. I could perfectly imagine Edward and Bella driving home from dinner on this road. Edward driving too fast around the curves, and Bella freaking out.

We arrived at our cabins about an hour later. (Unlike Edward, we didn't drive crazy fast.) lol

The cabins were very nice. We were in two of them, with the owners home in between the two. All the girls in my cabin, were so cool. Amy, Deb, Rachelle, Meg, Rae, Erica, Jessica, Kel, Kim, Laurie, and I. We had such fun.


The Sol Duc river ran along the back of the cabins. Just like at the Cullens' home! The views were gorgeous.

8 comments:

Niki said...

I look forward to reading more and seeing more pictures. :-)

Laura said...

Wow, looks like fun. Can't wait to see more.

Britten said...

I love going through each TMs travel logs. It's like going on the trip all over again. *sigh*

Susanne said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip! What a COOL adventure! How wonderful that you were able to go. I liked reading all the details and seeing the pictures. Does your husband think you are nuts? ;-) I like the mat you bought for your house...ha, ha! Very cool!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

LOL yes my hubbie thinks I'm nots! Just kidding, he is very supportive of my obsession. He was actually the one that told me that I should go. Since I was given the opportunity. :)

Amy said...

What a fun trip down memory lane....let's go back!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Heck yeah, I'm so there! :D

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. It's such fun to see everyone's pictures AND read their stories! I'm glad you didn't think I was driving like Edward-he-heee.

Andie~