Monday, July 7, 2008

New Songs

I am continuously adding new songs to my playlist, and have recently found some perfect ones, for parts in the stories, that were missing in my playlists.

Twilight:

Red Mist (the Twilight Teaser Trailer music) composed by Jim Dooley. I kind of just added this song to my list, because it was used in the official trailer. It is a pretty, and haunting song. I put it where I felt it fit the best. This is between Falling Slowly and Iris. Part of the Port Angeles chapter. ***If anyone wants this song let me know, and I'll let you borrow the CD, so you can download it. You can't really find it on the Internet or stores to buy.***

Twilight by Dexter Freebish, between Dreams and For You I Will. This is for part of the Complications chapter.

Somewhere a Clock is Ticking by Snow Patrol, between For You I Will and First Time. Part of the meadow scene, where E is showing B some of his powers.

Prelude(On Earth As In Heaven) by Globus, between Time is Running Out and Calling You. This is the Goodbyes chapter.

Breathe in Breathe Out by Mat Kearney. This is the hospital scene, after the ballet studio. Between Angel, and Existentialism on Prom Night.

New Moon:

Prelude 12/21 by AFI. This song is the night, right after the disastrous birthday party. Between the songs, Papercut and With or Without You.

And I found the most perfect music/song for the race to Italy scene. I've been trying to find something to work for that part for a while, but haven't been able to, until now. It is called Sarabande Suite(Aeternae), by Globus. This is after Sing for Absolution.

This song is so so moving. I'll put it in the flash player, so you can listen to it. And I'll break the song down for you. This is how I picture that part of the book in my head, with the song...

0:00- Song begins with B and A learning about what E is going to do, and they fly to Italy.

1:06- Scene switches to E in his sorrow.

1:53- As the main singing begins in the song, E slowly walks down the corridors of the city towards the town square.

2:36- Scene switches back to B and A as they race towards the city in the Porsche.

3:23- B now on foot, running through the crowds of people, to the town square, to get to E in time.

4:13- Scene now is back at E as he gets ready to step into the sun, as the clock is chiming the noon hour. Then switches back to B seeing E, and running through the fountain and trying desperately to reach him, while the clock chimes. She is screaming his name in vain.

5:15- When the song reaches the climax, E with eyes closed, takes a step out, just as B runs into him. Music fades suddenly at that point of contact.

5:22- E thinks he has succeeded in his task, and opens his eyes to see B. He thinks he has joined her and marvels.

6:45- E realizes B is there in the flesh with him, and all is not lost. Music ends at the point when the Volturi arrive and E puts B behind him, to protect her.

Cool isn't it?!

After that song I have Dark Waltz by Hayley Westenra. This is after the Volturi, waiting to leave Italy and on the plane scene. This song is followed by Far Away.

Cat and Mouse, by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, comes between The Reason and Sound of Pulling Heaven Down. Also from E's POV, when he and B go to the Cullen's home to discuss B's "fate".

Eclipse:

Endlessly, by Muse (yes another Muse song. Their songs just fit so perfectly with the books. And they were/are a literal muse for Stephenie, as she wrote the books). This song fits between Down, and Muscle Museum. The second half of the Temper chapter, when E comes home.

Mr. Brightside, by The Killers (this song is on SM's actual Eclipse playlist, but I could never see where it fit, so never added it to my list. But now I've figured out a perfect spot for it, so I've added it.) This is the tent scene, where B is freezing and J comes to help. From E's POV, when he has to endure J's thoughts and dreams, while he can't do anything for B. This is between Vindicated and Hysteria.

OK that is it. I am still trying to find the perfect piece for when they meet the Volturi, in NM. If anyone finds anything they think would fit, let me know.

As for my Disneyland posts, I promise I am getting to those. Actually Day One is almost ready to post. There is just so much to write about, and I have a ton of pictures, so it is taking a while to even get through one day of the vacation. I can only write so much at a time before I get annoyed with the whole thing, and have to stop. lol My next post, will definitely be about our first day at DL. :D

No comments: