Friday, July 16, 2010

Quentin's Nursery

I'm finally finished with Quentin's nursery. Except for a few small things. But those can wait until after the baby is born anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Here is the before (well actually it is more of a semi-before, because I was in the process of painting when I thought to actually get a picture of the before).


And the after... I wanted something gender neutral, ya know, just in case. lol I went with a sunshine, morning, birdie, tree type theme. I have to say it looks much better in person than it does in these pictures (my camera, grrr). But enjoy!

The color is a soft green called "Soothing Aloe" (thank you Jolie!). I absolutely love the color. You can't see it very well in this picture, but in the left corner is a 6 ft tall tree (half tree actually), and above Quentin's name on the right side are two birdies flying away.


The wall color works perfectly with the bedding, which is from The Land of Nod.com . It is called "Oh What a Beautiful Morning". The bumper has a sun rising from behind two green hills.



Quite a few of the decorative touches in the room I made myself (*pats myself on the back* lol)





I adore this wee little chick. It is from an esty.com shop called asherjasper. She makes all sorts of adorable felted toys.




A sparrow sitting on top of the closet frame.



Vintage inspired sign, with one of my favorite childhood phrases.


Well there you have it, Quentin's new room. I had such a blast creating it! Hope you liked the tour. :)

10 comments:

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Love the soothing colors and all the adorable accessories. You are so talented!

Erica said...

So cute!! You did a great job!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Thank you girls! :) And thanks again Jolie for sharing that color with me. It is perfect and I love it.

Niki said...

Beautiful!

Susanne said...

Of course I enjoyed the tour! It's really fantastic. And you made that pinwheel that I love? Wow!! :D

undomestic mama said...

Where did you find the Snips & Snails picture?! I want one

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

I found it on etsy actually. The seller is nelladesigns. She has a lot of really neat silhouette prints.

Thanks for your comment. :)

Brenna said...

Hi! I saw your link up on Life in the Fun lane. Great nursery. I LOVE the colors and 'theme'. I am going that same direction for my littlest. :) Great job.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the You Are My Sunshine wall hanging?

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

I found it on etsy.com. I think the seller was called gojumpinalake. They sell a lot of cute vintage looking signs. I hope that helps. :)