Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summertime

Not too much has been happening since we've returned from Disneyland. We've spent most of this month just relaxing. Although Danny has been working extra hard, since these past two months have been a double pay period for overtime. Which means he gets double the overtime money. So he has been working a bunch of overtime. He is now finished with that and is very happy to be done. And we are too. I know it was rough for him, and I guess I kind of missed him being gone so much more than usual. ;p lol

I just finished reading the final Harry Potter book on Monday. It was brilliant, sad, wonderful, scary in parts, happy, and bittersweet all in one. I sobbed and sobbed when I was finished. I have been in mourning this past week, because the series in finally over. No more Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Hogwarts, Quidditch, nothing! WAAAAH!!! The one good thing about books, is you can revisit them anytime you want. Once I have recovered from my "losses" I will have to re-read the series again.




The kids have been having fun with the sprinklers in the back yard. Soon we will be receiving a above ground pool in the mail. We can't wait for that. It is one of those Easy Set kinds that has the ring that you blow up and that keeps all the water in. It is 15'x42", so a pretty nice sized pool.




They've also been having fun at Mommy & Me. This last one we went to, they got to plant seeds. Two plants for each of them. Sierra planted peas, and marigolds. Both of her plants have grown really well. Dallin planted peas and a sunflower. His seeds haven't grown as well as Sierra's for some reason. But one of them finally sprouted the other day for him. So he is happy about that. After the planting, the kids played with sidewalk chalk, and had icecream, while the moms visited. Dallin wasn't interested for very long with the chalk. He was more interested in the Gameboy that one of the other boys there was playing with.







Dan and I will be going to Las Vegas in a couple weeks, just the two of us. It will be my first time there, so I'm really looking forward to it. Dan's parents will be coming here to watch the kids for us. Then we'll spend about 3 days there in Vegas. We'll do the usual, gamble, go to the strip clubs, get drunk, go to the Bunny Ranch, and buy some illicit drugs and party........


JUST KIDDING!


We have two shows we plan on going to. "The Blue Man Group", which a lot of people have recommended. And "The Phantom", which I heard is like a condensed version of Phantom of the Opera. I love Phantom of the Opera, so I am really looking forward to the Vegas show. We also plan on riding on all the scary roller coaster rides, shopping, eating excellent food, seeing all the sights, and going dancing at least one of the nights there (Yay!). We are staying at the MGM Grand. I'm excited, it should be a blast. And it will be nice to just spend all that alone time with Danny. :)

2 comments:

Myrna said...

If you want good eats in Vegas, you have to hit the Venetians' Cafe... it is a little expensive, but is very worth it, we had breakfast there and it was worth the money and then some. Sounds like fun.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Thanks Myrna for the suggestion! :)